Twice daily toothbrushing is essential to keep your teeth and mouth healthy. A good brushing technique removes plaque and food debris from your teeth and gumline, and will ensure that you get the maximum benefit when you use BioMin F toothpaste.
In order to ensure that BioMin F is applied where it needs to be, and stays there, follow these simple brushing tips:
- Clean your teeth with BioMin F before breakfast and last thing at night, so that it can continue to work overnight
- Use a medium/soft toothbrush to avoid abrasion
- Apply a 1cm long bead of toothpaste to your toothbrush
- Place your toothbrush on the outer surfaces of your teeth, tilting the brush at a 45˚ angle against the gum line
- Use short and gentle brush strokes, in a circular action, and brush gently along the gum line
- Work your way systematically around your mouth, cleaning the outer surfaces of your upper and lower teeth, then the inner surfaces, and finally across the surfaces of your back teeth
- Pay extra attention to any hard-to-reach areas, especially the back teeth
- Using an electric toothbrush can be helpful for people with poor dexterity or who find it difficult to clean their teeth thoroughly
- After two minutes of brushing, swirl the foamy toothpaste around your mouth for 30 seconds, and spit out the excess into the sink
- Don’t rinse your mouth out with water! Rinsing washes away the active ingredients of the toothpaste often before they have had a chance to work
- Don’t drink anything acidic for at least 30 minutes after brushing as it’ll undo much of your good work
BioMin toothpaste starts acting to replace lost tooth mineral within 45 minutes and continues working for up to 12 hours, so this routine will keep you covered round the clock. BioMin C is also available for people who don’t want to use a toothpaste that contains fluoride.